Mideast Region of WOCN® Humanitarian WOC Nurse Award
A humanitarian is someone who actively engages in promoting human welfare and/or social reform. A humanitarian’s goal is to save lives, relieve suffering and maintain human dignity.
A Humanitarian WOC Nurse Award is given to recognize a WOC nurse who has dedicated his/her time and talent to helping people in need to improve the quality of their lives to meet their basic needs, provide nursing assistance, and/or education. This award will honor two (2) MER members a year.
Award Amount: $1,000
- Up to 2 page description of the applicant’s program(s) or service(s) done for the humanitarian purpose. The applicant should define the program, state why it was a humanitarian project and delineate what it has added to local/national/world health (human welfare) in terms of the award definition above.
- Applicant must have participated in program or project during the last 2 years.
- A letter to verify the participation in the project/program.
- Awardee will provide a photo of self and a short write-up about the experience to be shared on the Mideast Region website or quarterly newsletter.
- Proof of Mideast Region WOCN® membership for (1) year prior to application.
Submit to MER Director 2 by August 15. Award to be distributed at the MER regional conference.
If any part of the application form does not work, please try using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.