Mideast Region of WOCN® WOC Nurse of the Year Award
A MER WOC nurse shares knowledge by providing profession and community education via one on one education, seminars and symposiums. This individual actively promotes the growth and development of WOC Nursing by providing peer support, precepting and recruitment. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a monetary award from the MER in the last 3 years.
- Nominee must be a member of the Mideast Region of WOCN® for a minimum of two years.
- Nominee must attend at least one WOC meeting a year (either Mideast Regional Meeting or National Conference) for the last two years.
- Nominee must be board certified in WOC Nursing.
- Nominee must meet 80% of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates excellence in the full scope of WOC Nursing practice.
- Devotes at least 50% of professional practice to providing direct care to patients with dermal ulcers, stomas, wounds and incontinence.
- Shares knowledge by providing professional and community education via one on one education, seminars and symposiums.
- Promotes the specialty of WOC Nursing by actively participating in professional, political and/or community organizations.
- Actively promotes the growth and development of WOC Nursing by providing peer support, precepting and recruitment.
Applicant must state in your own words, the nominee’s qualifications for the award and provide examples based on the criteria (submit as an attachment).
Submit to MER President Elect by August 15. Award to be distributed at the MER regional conference.
If any part of the application form does not work, please try using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.