Mideast Region of WOCN® Shining Star of the Year Award
WOC nursing graduate within last 24 months are recognized with this award for their early contributions to the specialty. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a monetary award from the MER in the last 3 years.
- Certified WOC (does not need to be full scope) Nurse
- Member of Mideast Region WOCN®
- Graduated from an approved WOC Nursing education program within the last 24 months
- Demonstrates “shining star” status by at least two (2) of the following:
- Develops and presents a formal educational offering to professional staff
- Designs a poster which is accepted for presentation at a National conference
- Has a manuscript accepted for publication (not related to WOC Nursing Education Program)
- Develops a communication to the community (website, newsletter) to promote awareness of WOC Nursing
- Develops and oversees an interdisciplinary team for wound, ostomy, or continence care at his/her facility
- Establishes or plays a significant role in a patient support group
- Reviews/revises significant procedures/protocols within his/her agency
Nominator must state, in your own words, how the representative fulfills criteria #4 above (submit as attachment). Provide specific examples of why this individual should be recognized as Shining Star of the Year for the Mideast Region WOCN®.
Submit to MER Director 2 by August 15. Award to be distributed at the MER regional conference.
If any part of the application form does not work, please try using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.