Mideast Region of the WOCN® Patient Educator of the Year Award
A MER WOC nurse who develops and provides patient education would be a potential candidate for this award. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a monetary award from the MER in the last 3 years.
- Certified WOC (does not need to be full scope) Nurse and Member of the Mideast Region (MER) WOCN®
- Attends one regional or one national WOC meeting per year
- Enhances patient education by at least two (2) of the following:
- Develops brochures, pamphlets, videos, etc. of use in patient education
- Designs an innovative method to deliver education for patients related to wound, ostomy, or continence issues
- Presents at a patient support group for wound, ostomy, or continence
- Designs a method to deliver education to a patient with sensory, physical or cognitive impairment that enhances the patient’s quality of life or increases independence of the patient
- Provides two exemplars of challenging patient teaching situations with a positive outcome
Nominator must state in your own words how the representative fulfills criteria #3 above (send as attachment). Provide specific examples of why this individual should be recognized as Patient Educator of the Year for the Mideast Region WOCN®.
Submit to MER Director 2 by August 15. Award to be distributed at the MER regional conference.
If any part of the application form does not work, please try using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.