Mideast Region of the WOCN® Professional Educator of the Year
An eligible candidate for this award is an active MER member who enhances professional education by development and presenting formal educational programs to other facilities in the community in an effort to advance the knowledge base of other caregivers. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a monetary award from the MER in the last 3 years.
- Certified WOC (does not need to be full scope) Nurse and Member of Mideast Region WOCN®
- Attends one WOC regional or national meeting per year
- Provides education for professional health care providers by doing at least three (3) of the following:
- Develops & presents formal educational programs for staff at his/her own agency
- Develops a creative or unique method of delivering wound, ostomy or continence material to staff
- Precepts students from nursing schools, medical residents or interns, WOCNEP students
- Lectures to nursing students at an accredited school of nursing on wounds, ostomies or continence
- Develops and presents formal educational programs to other facilities in the community to advance the knowledge base of other caregivers
Nominator must state in your own words, how the representative fulfills criteria #3 above (send as attachment). Provide specific examples of why this individual should be recognized as Professional Educator of the Year for the Mideast Region WOCN®.
Submit to MER Director 2 by August 15. Award to be distributed at the MER regional conference.
If any part of the application form does not work, please try using another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.