Join us LIVE on Saturday, October 7, 10:00 AM – 5:45 PM ET for WOCN® Ostomy Education Day 2023!
This event is a FREE online experience aimed at celebrating ostomy awareness, dispelling myths, and increasing ostomy education to improve patient outcomes. This full day of engagement and education features nine (9) sessions brought to you by experienced wound, ostomy, and continence (WOC) nursing professionals and subject matter experts and will award a total of 6.75 Contact Hours.
Session Topics Include:
- Ostomy Guidelines in Clinical Practice
- Stoma Site Selection
- Stomal Complications
- Patient Concerns
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Peristomal Skin Assessment Guide (PSAG) Clinical Tool
Upon completion of the event, learners will be able to:
- Describe extant ostomy care guidance documents and implications for improved clinical care;
- Discuss 3 reasons why an ostomy is created specifically for an ileostomy, colostomy and urostomy including adult and pediatric populations;
- Describe the rational for and the procedure for stoma site marking;
- Recognize and identify some of the more common stomal complications, as well as understand and apply management strategies as they relate to them;
- Select and apply appropriate convexity in clinical practice, resulting in reliable pouching system wear time and improved quality of life;
- Understand how food can impact ostomy output;
- Identify major concerns for ostomy patients and will describe essential information to be provided in response, as well as resources available to both patients and clinicians;
- Report increased confidence in being able to discuss the psychosocial aspects of living with an ostomy as they progress through recovery and adaptation;
- And identify key elements of assessment of peristomal skin and describe basic interventions for 4 common problems.
WOCN® Ostomy Education Day 2023 is funded through an educational grant from Hollister Incorporated.
The WOCN Society does not endorse or support products or services.